The Top Primary Cementing Training Course in Port Harcourt - Nigeria
Primary cementing is the basis for an efficient well performance. A successful primary cementing job is one of the most important operations in the drilling or completion of a well.
Operating company personnel are required to have a working knowledge of cement, cement additives, and placement procedure. Well integrity is compromised unless efficient cementing operations are carried out in a casing job.
Globat Oil and Gas offers internationally recognised primary cementing training course. The participants get to experience real job cementing problems. We provide trainees with a firm foundation in the principles and practices of designing, planning, and conducting successful casing and cement jobs.
Do you want to start a career in Oil and Gas Primary Cementing? Call us on +234-803-837-433 or request a callback
What is primary cementing?
Primary cementing is the process of mixing a slurry of cement, cement additives, and water and pumping it through a casing to critical points in the annulus around the casing or in the open hole below the casing string. Cement is allowed to set behind the pipe, thus bonding the pipe to the formation. Primary cementing is used to hold the casing in place and to prevent fluid migration between subsurface formations.
The functions of primary cementing include:
- Bonding the pipe to the formation
- Protecting the casing from corrosion
- Minimising the danger of blowouts from high-pressure zones by quickly forming a seal
- Protecting the casing from shock loads
- Sealing off the zones of lost circulation or other troublesome formations known as thief zones as a prelude to deeper drilling
Primary Cementing Curriculum
- Objectives of primary cementing
- Hierarchy of successful cementing
- The basic cementing process
- Nature of cement
- Cement additives
- Slurry calculations
- Basic factors governing primary cementing
- Other Factors to Consider
- factors to consider before running casing
- factors to consider while running casing
- checklist for rig preparation, casing handling and running
7. Planning and performing primary cementing
8. Multi-stage cementing
9. Down-hole cement plugs
10. Squeeze cementing
11. Successful primary cementing checklist
12. Cement job evaluation
13. Laboratory testing
What will you learn from our primary cementing training course?
- How to design cement slurries using API procedures (include casing, multistage, liner, tie-back strings, squeeze jobs)
- The basic cementing process, Nature of cement, cement additives,
- Slurry calculations
- Factors governing cement job such as: planning cement job, designing cement and its factors, float equipment, considerations for WOC time.
- Factors to consider before and while running casing
- Purpose and considerations for downhole cement plugs
- Checklist for a successful cement job.
- Cement Sheath evaluation, areas of concern in cement sheath evaluation, logging recommendations.
- Slurry preparation, Rheology and flow calculations, various cement laboratory testing procedures.
Why do you need our primary cementing training course?
The oil and gas industry is exceedingly competitive. As a result, you need to upgrade your knowledge and qualifications in order to remain relevant. Globat Petroleum Skills partners with independent individuals and firms in the oil and gas industry to provide comprehensive primary cementing training course. We cover all aspects of primary and remedial cementing and highlights the following:
- An overview of primary cementing
- Cement placement including job execution and procedures
- Cement calculations
- Cement additives and mud removal
- Effective cement placement
- Cement job evaluation
Globat Oil and Gas gives you the opportunity to further your knowledge and expertise in this crucial operation. Using a process-based perspective, you will learn:
- What oil well cement is, how it is made, what it contains and how it works
- The API classification for cement
- Non-API cement and their applications
- Cement equipment and accessories, what they do and when and how to use them
- The complete range of cementing operations
- What cement additives do
- How to design a cement slurry and a cement job
- How to maximise the success of a cement job
- How to set a cement plug
- How to evaluate a cement job
Who needs our primary cementing training course?
Regardless of your level in the industry and years of practice, you can benefit from this important training. The primary cementing training course caters to both job seekers and employees in the oil and gas sector. The people who can benefit from this training include:
Individuals who want to
- Build a career as cementers
- Plan, design and execute cementing operations
- Mud engineers
- Drilling Fluid supervisors
- Company men who require technical knowledge of cementing
Benefits of primary cementing training course
Besides the technical information and procedures, the primary cementing training course is loaded with considerable practical, experience-based content.
You will learn how to use computer spreadsheets to facilitate routine calculations, practical training, and texts. Our instructors will help you practise cementing calculations and job design exercises and cement evaluation methods using real-life examples.
By the end of our primary cementing training course, you will be able to:
- Understand oil well cementing
- Plan and supervise the execution of a cement operation
- Prevent health, safety, and environmental risks during cementing operations
- Understand the critical parameters for any cementing operation
- Select proper additives based on well conditions
- Select displacement rates for effective mud removal
- Calculate volumes of cement, mix water and additives
- Read the interpretation of cement bond logs
- Design cement slurries using the API and/or filed adapted procedures and laboratory testing procedures
- Design cement plug slurry and select tools to improve overall job success
- Design and perform remedial squeeze cement jobs to include the selection of tools
- Use cement additives in designing cement slurry to improve job success and/or reduce overall job costs
- Design cement jobs which include casing, multi-stage, liner and tie-back strings
Where can you get a primary cementing training course in Nigeria?
In the past, you would have had to travel outside the country or take virtual classes for world-class primary cementing training and certification. Globat Oil and Gas Training bridged the gap by bringing outstanding oil and gas training to Nigeria.
At Globat Petroleum Skills, we offer the same standard of training obtainable in prestigious international firms. We provide quality primary cementing training for companies and individuals in the oil and gas sector.
Our state-of-the-art training centre provides a relaxed and interactive learning environment for our trainees. Globat provide in-house training which is privately done at your location according to your schedule.
We offer training in different courses including mud logging, primary cementing, slickline, oil and gas safety, and more. We also audit and certify companies, provide consulting services and experienced knowledgeable workforce for companies.
Our institute, Globat Oil and Gas Skills, is at 2 Golf View Close, behind Shell Residential Area on R-D Road, off Okporo Road, Artillery, Port Harcourt, Nigeria.
How to find us
Port Harcourt is the capital city of Rivers State, the foremost oil-producing state in Nigeria. We are headquartered in Port Harcourt where major oil multinationals in Nigeria have their head offices.
Port Harcourt is surrounded by other oil-producing cities such as Warri, Bonny Camp, and Effurun. The city can be accessed by air or road.
You can access Port Harcourt via the Onne Trunk Road or the A3 highway which runs north from Port Harcourt through Aba. If you are travelling from Lagos or Abuja, you can take an hour-long flight to Port Harcourt.
The Port Harcourt International Airport is at Omagwa which is a 30-minute drive from our office. You can take either the Obasanjo Bypass or Rumuokwuta Road. We offer free pickup services from the Port Harcourt International Airport and other arrival points within the city.
What is primary cementing?
Primary cementing is part of the process of preparing a well for further drilling, production or abandonment. It involves developing and pumping cement into place in a wellbore.
What is the purpose of primary cementing?
The objective of primary cementing is to provide isolation in the oil, gas and water-producing zones. It permanently shuts off water penetration in the well. This is known as zonal isolation.
Apart from primary cementing, do you offer other courses in oil and gas training?
Yes. Other courses we offer include:
- Mud logging services
- Solids control and waste management
- Oil and gas accounting or petroleum accounting
- Oil and gas safety training
- Environmental accounting
Which companies benefit from primary cementing training course?
Firms that specialise in oil and gas exploration such as Exxon Mobil, Chevron, Total and Shell take advantage of training opportunities to educate their employees.
Do you offer bespoke in-house primary cementing training to companies?
Yes. Our experts and instructors organise bespoke primary cementing courses for companies. It includes cases and exercises that apply to the client’s situation and address issues specifically related to the organization.
Are there alternative arrangements for those who cannot stay at the training centre?
Yes. We have an arrangement with a hotel within a minute walk from our training centre to offer subsidised rates for all our students. Once you present your registration details, your lodging rate is subsidised. Please check the FAQ page for more information.
How much is your primary cementing training course?
Registration fee for courses is N10, 000 (30.00USD). You must pay this fee to reserve a position for your desired training window. For the tuition fee of the specific course you desire, please email us at email@example.com, or call us on +234-803-837-433 for a quote.
Environmental Accounting Training
|Oil and gas Accounting||Jideofor||8am-4pm||1st - 5th||6th-10th||3rd-7th||1st-5th||5th-9th||2nd-6th||7th-11th||4th-8th||2nd-6th|
|Project Engineer Training for Mud Engineers||Edward/Kolawole||8am-4pm||8th-12th||13th-17th||10th-14th||8th-12th||12th-16th||9th-13th||14th-18th||11th-15th||9th-13th|
|Bids and Tender||Edward/Kolawole||8am-4pm||8th-12th||13th-17th||10th-14th||8th-12th||12th-16th||9th-13th||14th-18th||11th-15th||9th-13th|
|Drilling Waste Management||Anselm/Joseph||8am-4pm||22nd-26th||27th-31st||24th-28th||22nd-26th||26th-30th||23rd-27th||28th-1st||25th-29th||23rd-27th|
|Oil and Gas HSE||Available throughout the month||Available throughout the month||Available throughout the month||Available throughout the month||Available throughout the month||Available throughout the month||Available throughout the month||Available throughout the month||Available throughout the month||Available throughout the month|